To deepen our understanding of the brain through original research
- Build paradigm-shifting neurotechnologies to investigate how the brain works across multiple scales, from synapses to large-scale networks.
- Map and probe the neural circuits responsible for sensation, perception, and action.
- Understand the dynamic processes that occur in the brain during development, learning, aging, and disease.
- Develop computational algorithms to decode and encode brain activity.
To serve society by generating and disseminating knowledge and technology
- Advance neurotechnology for research and clinical applications.
- Provide a strong scientific foundation upon which clinical advances can be made.
- Train the next generation of leaders in the field of neuroscience.
HWNI is deeply committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environment where all of our graduate students, postdocs, staff, and faculty can thrive and achieve their highest potential.